Thursday, May 23, 2013

This Is Me, This Is My Future


Introduction: I wrote about what I wanted for the future. Who I want to become, my goals and aspirations. We only have one life, we should live it the way we want where we will have no regrets and be proud of we have become in the end and what we have done with our few moments on earth. Here is my point of view on the subject. 

I knew since I was a kid that I wanted to have drive and ambition, I wanted it because I wanted to be rich. To be able to have anything I want, to be anywhere I want, I wanted to live the good life in a sense. I believe that is what every kid wants, we are taught from a small age to have materialistic values, that having money means you can get whatever you want and therefore you will have achieved happiness. The media is constantly bombarding us with what success should be. It tells us that money, beauty, and power those are the true values of this world. 
My view of success has changed since I was little, as I am sure it has for most people. I want to impact the world, to affect it and make a difference for future generations. I used to believe that academic achievment would lead to a good college and the only way I could become successful and make a difference would be if I went to a good college and became some sort of doctor or scientist. I believed that I would never amount to anything unless I was smart. My grades have always been okay, though most of my friends had the perfect GPA and all A’s and I thought I was just going to have to learn to accept that they would ammount to more than I would. 
Now my goal is entirely different and entirely new. I want an occupation that helps people. As a senior in college I was forced to face the future faster than I ever thought I would have to. Choosing a college where you had to declare your major scared me, but I knew that I wanted to have a job where I could help people so that is where I started. Therefore I decided to study sociology. I wanted to become a social worker that was a therapist that could help people with their problems. I wanted to minor in psychology also so I could use both of these degrees to help people. So I am going to study about people and see where that takes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment