Thursday, May 23, 2013

Relationships

Introduction: This assignment was given by my English teacher. I was meant to write about my relationships with my friends, family, and boys. I was also meant to write what I wanted my relationships to be like in the future. It was eyeopening, I discovered more about myself that I didn't know before, and more about the people I love. 

     The relationship with my mom is the strongest of my two parents. We are very similar people, sometimes I think I got all my genes from my mom and none from my dad. I know I owe my parents everything although I rarely admit it or own up to it. My mom and I like the same foods, have similar tastes in movies, and like the same clothes. I feel like I can tell her anything, and I never have to lie, even if I tried to lie she would be able to tell because I am a terrible liar. We don’t always get along, in fact we get in fights a lot but for the most part we are really close and it will be hard for me to live without her next year.
     My dad and I have an interesting relationship. When it comes to sports, wake boarding, and skiing we get along because it is something we can relate with. Otherwise we don’t have much in common. Compared to the relationship I have with my mom, my dad and I don’t have a very strong relationship. We often don’t agree, although we do agree on a few subjects such as rooting for the Giants and being active. 
      I am not someone who has a huge group of friends, I have really close friends that are basically like my sisters that I honestly don’t believe I could live without. One of my best friends, Annie Welden and I have been friends since seventh grade. We don’t sit at lunch together and don’t really talk at all at school, but we know that we will always be friends even if we have different groups of friends we hang out with. My other two best friends I eat lunch with and I do just about everything with. One of my friends named Jade Bourdeau is pretty much the same person as me. We are both awkward and goofy and whenever we are together we laugh nonstop. My other friend, Reachel Wagner, has the same interests that I do so she is really easy to talk to and she understands me as a person really well. Honestly my friends are what makes me who I am and I love them like they are my family. Reachel and Annie are both going to Cal Poly so I will be attending college with them both next year, and I will be rooming with Annie. I will not be with Jade though because she is attending UNR. I honestly tell Jade everything and I can’t imagine having her not in my life, I feel like she is my twin at times and that we are sisters because we are so alike. In fact we have been asked if we were twins before even though she has red hair and I am blonde just because our personalities are so alike.
     So far my romantic life doesn’t exist. There have been people interested in me but I feel like I am still not ready for a relationship, and I haven’t found someone I genuinely believe I could have a relationship with. I know that in my future I want to find someone that I love but that I know I will love in the long run, after having kids and building a family together. I want to know that there is a possibility that I could be happy with one person for my whole life, although lately I have started to doubt the reality of that goal.
     I want children really bad. Family is a huge part of my life and I want a family of my own. I think I would be a good mother, and I know it is one of the hardest jobs but I believe that my future self will be up to the challenge. I think I am supportive and patient and I hope that I can give good advice. When my family or friends are feeling sad I can usually cheer them up and take care of them. I have taken care of my friends while sick. Also I think there is still a child in myself which is why I love being around kids so much. They are so innocent, as constantly stated in Catcher in the Rye, and I miss that in myself which is why I like to see it in kids. Building a family is one of my main goals and I think I would be a good mother.

10 things non negotiable in a significant other:
-sense of humor

-wants to travel
-wants to have kids

-likes to be spontaneous and adventurous in life
-likes dogs
-must be honest and truthful

 -likes to be outdoors and loves nature

-must love lasagna
-must be easy going and go with the flow

 - must support my job and my own goals
-someone who loves me and will continue to love me with all my imperfections forever

No comments:

Post a Comment