Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Pillow

Introduction: For this poem we were meant to write about an inanimate object and leave the reader guessing what it was. I made it blatantly obvious that my peom was about a pillow, and instead focused on the description of the poem and talk about how much I appreciate my pillow.  

I cradle the master of creation
When night comes upon the house
When the stars shine and the moon glows
I begin my job

I grow heavy with the night
Allowing dreaming to begin
And peace to befall all who sleep
As worries melt into the darkness

I am a sense of comfort
For those who are seeking
An escape from everyday life
As I provide a secret paradise

I give people the chance to wander
Past the borders of reality
Toward the impossible and improbable 
As I inspire imagination

When people are done with the day
And put away their masks
They put their faith in me
And forget the problems of their life

I am sometimes filled with feathers
With multiple uses, I am always helpful
People use me for fights ocasionally
Though rarely are casualties a problem

I unite the human population
People of the past and future
Everyone uses me for daily life
From cultures all around the world
I am the window to universal dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment